Guidelines for abstract presenters
- Modifications of data or changes are not accepted after the reviewing process. If you have updates, you may share them when you give your presentation.
- If for any reason you have to cancel your presentation, please notify The Union as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
- If your abstract has been allocated to a specific session, please note that it will not be possible to change the date, time or type of the session.
- Authors are required to bring their letter of acceptance to the conference. This contains information on the reference of their abstract, the title of their abstract, the type of session their abstract has been allocated to, the title of their session and the date and time of their presentation.
- Abstracts may only be submitted in English, the official language of this conference. With delegates coming from 100+ countries, the most common shared language is English – and therefore it is the most common for abstract presentations. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided by the Conference Secretariat.
- Abstracts should not be presented if the content is to be published or presented publicly elsewhere before their presentation at the 2016 Union World Conference on Lung Health. Please read our Conference Embargo Policy.
E-POSTER DISCUSSION SESSIONS
We are piloting a new system of presenting posters in an electronic format.
- You must not create a paper poster, rather create a presentation of one single PowerPoint slide.
- The single slide should be formatted for ‘4:3’ ratio within the ‘Page set up’ menu of Microsoft PowerPoint. Landscape orientation is required. The presentation should be saved in .pptx format for a better compatibility. Image files need to be inserted into the poster by using the PowerPoint Insert function.
- You will be assigned a 50-inch poster monitor where your poster slide will be displayed.
- The time allocated for your presentation is about five minutes, including questions and answers.
ORAL ABSTRACT SESSIONS
- You must not prepare a paper poster for oral abstract sessions.
- We kindly ask you to ensure that your slides contain only a limited amount of information.
- Text should be large enough to be visible from the back of the room when projected.
Presenting authors should go to the preview room at least two hours before the presentation time to upload their slides. Presentations may not be brought to the presentation room on a USB drive.
- Immediately prior to your session, please go to the session room (about 10 minutes in advance) to introduce yourself to the session chairs, ensure that your slides have been uploaded and discuss any questions you may have about the use of the presentation equipment.
- The session chairs have been instructed to ensure that speakers keep to the timetable as planned.
- The room will be equipped with a PowerPoint slide projector.
- The time allocated for your presentation is about 10 minutes, including questions and answers.
POSTER DISCUSSION SESSIONS
Poster discussion sessions are held in the Poster Area. Be sure to make a note of the date and time of your poster presentation. These details are provided in the confirmation letter.
The presenting author must be present at the poster during the session. The chair will visit each poster with the other authors and participants for a group discussion. The presenting author should be prepared to speak briefly about the poster and answer any questions about the information presented. This is an on-the-spot discussion: there are no facilities for overheads, slides, etc. are available.
Set-up: You may set up your poster as of 14:00 on Wednesday, 26 October. If you are presenting on Thursday, 27 October please make sure that your abstract is posted before 12:15, at which time the session will start. Authors are requested to post their abstracts on the boards for three days, from 27 to 29 October. This will give delegates the opportunity to visit the posters outside official session times.
Take-down: All posters must be removed between 14:00 and 16:00 on Saturday, 29 October.
Technical specifications for the preparation and display of your poster:
- The size of the poster board is 100 cm wide by 250 cm high. Poster boards are black. The poster can be any size (for example, one big poster or several small posters) as long as the whole presentation fits on one poster board.
- If you intend to make one big poster, please note that it should have a portrait layout (vertical). Landscape posters (horizontal) will not fit into the poster boards.
- Presenters are requested to bring the notification of the acceptance of their abstracts, including the details about their session date, time and title
- Velcro will be provided at the Poster Desk.
Please note: Authors are advised to travel with their posters and not send them prior to their arrival at the conference venue. Authors are responsible for their posters and should not leave them unattended in the Poster Area before they are hung. The Union declines responsibility for any material lost or damaged onsite.
Thank you for presenting your research at the 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health. Your contribution to the scientific programme is very important, and we hope your experience will be both positive and stimulating.
If you have questions
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org