Many groups wish to take advantage of the fact that members of the international TB, HIV, tobacco control and lung health communities will be attending the 47th Union World Conference on Lung Health by scheduling side-meetings. The Union is willing to accommodate side-meetings in the venues booked for the conference with the following provisos:
- Side-meetings must be approved by the Conference Secretariat and must not shift the focus of the delegates' attention from the core programme of the conference in terms of their schedule and content.
- A minimum of 15 attendees must be expected for a side-meeting to be scheduled in the conference programme.
- Very few side-meetings will be approved during the conference.
- No side-meetings will be approved during the conference plenary sessions, which will take place from 09:00–10:00 on 27 through 29 October.
- Please submit your request for a side-meeting by email at email@example.com. Side-meeting requests will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis starting in early May.
Conference schedule overview
- Tuesday, 25 October: Pre-conference events, including the WHO Global TB Symposium
- Wednesday, 26 October: Post-graduate courses and workshops; Inaugural Ceremony
- Thursday, 27 October–Sunday, 29 October: Symposia, plenary sessions, oral abstract, e-poster and poster discussion sessions, meet the expert sessions; Union scientific section, working group, region and administrative meetings; Closing Ceremony